A documentary about Jamie Spears’ curatorship of his daughter Britney Spears will premiere on Netflix next Tuesday, the streaming service has announced.
Who’s who in the Britney Spears case?
- Jamie Spears: Father of Britney and the one who has been in control of her money, living conditions and health since 2008.
- Jodi Montgomery: health care manager and co-curator (Britney’s health).
- Mathew Rosengart: Britney’s new lawyer.
- Lynne Spears: Mother of Britney, is outside the curatorship.
- Jason Rubin: accountant and nominated as new co-curator on the singer’s finances.
- Jamie Lynn Spears: Britney’s sister, would benefit from the curatorship.
- Sam Asghari: Britney’s Fiance.
The film premiere is the day before a new hearing in the curatorship case. What will happen with it may be announced next week. The singer no longer wants to be under her father’s supervision.
“This has been going on for thirteen years and it’s been enough,” a trailer for the documentary, which is called Britney vs Spears , can be heard . Those thirteen years refer to the period in which the singer is under the guardianship of her father.
“The world knows Britney Spears as an artist and icon. But in recent years her name has become more and more associated with that one word: guardianship,” Netflix writes in the synopsis of Britney vs Spears.
The film is supposed to tell “the explosive story of Britney’s life and her public and personal quest for freedom”. According to the streaming service, years of research have been done for the documentary, which includes exclusive interviews and other new material.
Britney vs Spears is directed by Erin Lee Carr, who is also a producer on the film.
Spears recently revealed that she got engaged to her boyfriend Sam Asghari. The two have been together for about five years.
"It's been 13 years and it's enough."— Netflix (@netflix) September 22, 2021
Britney vs Spears premieres Sept 28 pic.twitter.com/y2CCV4Jnh7