Ashley Judd is not part of the million settlement that Harvey Weinstein seems to have struck with accusers. The actress has announced this on Twitter this weekend.
“My legal proceedings are still ongoing and I intend to bring Harvey Weinstein to court”
“My legal proceedings are still ongoing and I intend to bring Harvey Weinstein to court,” she wrote in a news report about a possible settlement by the former film producer. The actress accuses him of sexual misconduct and thwarting her career when she did not go into his advances.
The Wall Street Journal reported last week that Harvey Weinstein has reached an agreement with accusers, the former board of The Weinstein Company and the Attorney General in New York. It would amount to 44 million dollars (39 million euros), 30 million of which go to victims, former employees and their lawyers.
The remaining fourteen million is used to pay the legal costs for the former board members of The Weinstein Company.
Ashley Judd’s case against Harvey Weinstein is ongoing and we intend to bring it to trial. She is not a party of any settlement.— ashley judd (@AshleyJudd) May 24, 2019
Rose McGowan has also stated that it is outside the scheme. She retweeted a message about Ashley and said, “I’m not part of this either.”
I’m not part of this either. Ashley Judd says she's not part of Harvey Weinstein's $44 million settlement – CNN https://t.co/SD1oJOcfzk— rose mcgowan (@rosemcgowan) May 25, 2019