Disney announces the posthumous return of actress Carrie Fisher in the ninth movie of the Star Wars movie license.
Expected in the dark rooms for December 2019, Star Wars 9 will conclude the long chapter Skywalker that began with The Phantom Menace. Between comebacks, newcomers and surprise, the main actors of this new feature film are Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, Billie Heavy, Mark Hamill (?), Anthony Daniels, Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian’s interpreter), Naomie Ackie, Richard E. Grant, Keri Russell and … Carrie Fisher.
— Star Wars (@starwars) July 27, 2018
Although dead during the shooting of the eighth episode (The Last Jedi), LucasFilm and JJ Abrams announce that it will still be present as Leia Organa in this film via plans never used before: ” We love Carrie Fisher desperately. Finding a satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker saga without it was unthinkable. We could not go looking for a new actress, or use computer graphics. With the support and agreement of her daughter, Billie, we found a way to honor Carrie’s legacy and Leia’s role in Star Wars 9 using previously unseen footage filmed for Star Wars 7. ”
The film crew of Star Wars 9 is known
In addition to revealing the cast, LucasFilm also gave the names of the people involved in the last episode of the trilogy dedicated to Rey:
- Production: Kathleen Kennedy, JJ Abrams and Michelle Rejwan
- Executive production: Callum Greene and Jason McGatlin
- Director of Photography: Dan Mindel
- Heads of decoration: Rick Carter and Kevin Jenkins
- Costume Chef: Michael Kaplan
- Special effects of creatures and droids: Neal Scanlan
- Editors: Maryann Brandon and Stefan Grube
- Special Effects Supervisor: Roger Guyett
- Assistant director of the first team: Tommy Gormley
- Assistant director of the second team: Victoria Mahoney
Filming will start from early August in the Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire County near London.