Kevin Spacey is on a charge of sexual assault, a spokesman for the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office told AFP on Wednesday, a few months after a first case filed in the city of California against the American actor already covered by many other allegations.
“A case of sexual assault was transmitted yesterday (21/08) to our office by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department regarding Kevin Spacey. It is under review, “said Greg Risling, spokesman for the prosecutor’s office.
Another investigation had already begun in April following a complaint about an alleged assault in 1992 involving a man, according to the US press.
Mr. Risling did not elaborate further on this new charge, nor on the previous one, merely stating that this first case was still “under review”.
As a result of more than a dozen charges, the Oscar-winning actor was landed by Netflix from the “House of Cards” series, which he starred in and was fired from Ridley Scott’s latest film, “All the Money.” of the world “, replaced at short notice by Christopher Plummer.
Kevin Spacey reacted by explaining that he had no memories of this incident.
The career of two-time Oscar winner Kevin Spacey for his roles in Usual Suspects (1995) and American Beauty (1999) has plummeted since the charges.
A film with the 59-year-old actor at the top of the bill, “Billionaire Boys Club”, made a monumental flop at the North American box office when it came out last weekend, only catching a few hundred dollars of revenue.
Last November in Los Angeles, prosecutor Jackie Lacey announced the creation of a special cell to examine the flood of accusations of sexual abuse against a series of big names in Hollywood, in the wake of revelations surrounding the fallen producer. Harvey Weinstein