Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are planning a second ‘damage control’ interview with Oprah Winfrey following a slew of negative headlines, it has been claimed.
A Source close to the Duchess claimed the couple have already been in contact with the Oprah team about another public “discussion” in an effort to “change the narrative”.
Harry and Meghan’s first interview with Oprah aired in March last year and sent shockwaves through the Royal Family.
The couple claimed a member of The Firm raised “concerns and conversations” about Archie’s skin color.
In a separate point, Harry said his father Prince Charles had “stopped taking my calls”.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are now reportedly set to make further explosive statements following the release of The Palace Papers, a new book written by former Vanity Fair editor Tina Brown, reports the Daily Express .
A Source close to the Duchess claimed that the couple were already in contact with the Oprah team
Ms Brown interviewed a number of insiders and royal contacts for the book which “really got into Meghan’s shoes” according to a source.
This Source told Heat magazine: “These latest claims really got under the skin of Meghan. She told her team that something had to be done. She’s so sick of the negative headlines and she’s desperate to fight with major damage control.
“Meghan feels like having another conversation with Oprah is the best way to change the narrative and counter all the negative statements she’s read about herself lately. She’s been in contact with the Oprah people before.”
The Duke and Duchess reportedly wanted to set up an interview for some “damage control”
Meghan Markle in ‘contact with Oprah’ over ‘damage control’ interview
— GB News (@GBNEWS) May 10, 2022