Harvey Weinstein has indeed said goodbye to his lawyer Benjamin Brafman. Earlier this week there were rumors that the roads of the two would separate.
The decision was taken on a “friendly” basis, let the two parties know in a statement to various media, including Deadline . Weinstein plans to announce his new legal team next week.
According to planning, the incident film should appear in court in New York on May 6 for alleged sexual abuse, but according to Deadline it is very likely that the case will be delayed by the withdrawal of Brafman.
According to insiders, Weinstein and Brafman recently had disagreements several times. The situation would have escalated after the film magnate had expanded its legal team.
New York Times wrote in 2017 about alleged abuse by Weinstein
The case in New York revolves around two women, of whom one would have been sexually abused in 2006. The other person was raped in 2013.
In October 2017, an article in The New York Times revealed that Weinstein was guilty of sexual harassment. Among others, actress Ashley Judd told how the film producer in his hotel room would have come up with inappropriate proposals.
Then many other women came with similar stories.